Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That Social Network movie

I don't do Facebook.  But I don't wanna explain why.  That would probably be another post or perhaps I'll never tell you the real reason because that would be exposing so much of me, which I don't like doing, which is one of the reasons why I don't do FB in the first place :)  It is also possible that one day out of peer pressure I would start doing it.  But then again I was never the type to get pressured by peers.  OK I'm just blabbing here.  This post is not about me.  This post is about that Facebook movie.

Am I wrong to say that Justin Timberlake looks more like the real Mark Zuckerberg than Jesse Eisenberg?  I think he got picked to play him only because of his curly tops which would be a pathetic casting criteria. "OK curly tops, check!  You're hired!" Or is it because their names both end in "berg"? :P

I would say I liked the movie.  It is well done, the script is well-written, I don't even care if it's accurate or not.  I  heard that Mark Z himself never talked to the author of the book where this movie was based.  I heard the only source of the story was Eduado Saverin (who last we heard lives here in Singapore!), which probably explains why Mark was portrayed as a one-dimensional almost robot-like creature who only cared about his keyboard and monitor. For me, the movie is well-worth watching because it is a piece of history.  It is the story of one of the greatest innovations of our time.  Yes, even if I don't use it, I recognize that it is a great invention :)  One thing I still can't get over with? That that Justin Timberlake dude is now an actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment